Friday, October 1, 2010

OktoberFast Challenge Begins


I'm glad that this is of interest to some people out there.  I know that I will benefit from it.   Thanks for joining us.

Indeed, I have gone backward on my weight loss, but it can't be too much because everything I am wearing is the smallest stuff that I have dug out from 10 years back.  Nonetheless, it is time to get focused and set some aggressive goals.

I'll write about this in a future post, but please realize the beauty in failing a VERY AGGRESSIVE goal.  Easy goals can be achieved.  In fact, some goals are set so low (because we want to guarantee success) that we don't even really have to put in great effort. 

But for OktoberFast, I would rather set aggressive goals and come close and miss, than set easy ones and hit them.  This month, I am getting medieval...lowest weight, most cycling miles, most running miles.

Here are my goals: 
Cycling miles:  200 
Running miles:  30
Weight: 270

I'll post an update for everyone to jump in on Sunday night.

Big Clyde

10 comments:

Ann (-13 lbs in -60 lb challenge) said...

Holy cow, Clyde, those ARE aggressive goals for a mere 31 days. But, I think you can do it, because I've seen you in "focus-mode." When you're focused, you'd make a great Terminator One - relentless. I'm cheering you on!! Go Terminator Clyde, Go!! You'll kill those miles.

Patrick said...

Hey Clyde... not sure why i've been missing your blog lately, my own absentmindedness I guess... like your aggressive goals approach! Your goal at the end of OCt is to weigh 270?

Dr. Fat To Fit said...

Wow! Good luck, I'm sure you can do it.

Allison said...

I love the Oktoberfast challenge! I wish I knew my training schedule in advance so I could set goals! But I did mention you guys in my blog today :)

http://triandfinish.blogspot.com/2010/10/i-ran-5-miles.html

A little clydesdale love!

Raegun said...

Woo hoo! Now THAT is a challenge!

goingfor96 said...

It won't be easy, but I will attempt the same goals as you.

200 miles biked
30 miles run

the second one will be the real challenge. I biked 2.17 miles on October 1st, and hope to bust out 15 tomorrow morning.

I won't do the weight goal, as I'm eliminated 'due dates' from my weight loss, but I sure as shit won't gain weight! :)

Alan (Pounds Off Playoff) said...

I like the art work. And you've put a lot of thought into this. It'll get you going. Go get 'em, Clyde!

chris mcpeake said...

great goals man
Good luck

Lucas said...

I like this mindset, setting aggressive goals even if you fall short. Hmmmmm. Yes, indeedy.

Those ARE lofty, but if you truly go medieval, I think you will HIT those goals Clyde. Go you monster, GO!

Christina said...

WOW, very aggressive weight goal! Those exercise goals will def help you get there. Put me down for 184.2 pounds. I'm at 190.2 right now, and losing another 6 will put me at 80 pounds lost since November 13. Running... 120 mi? 120 for the month is less than 30 mi/week, but it's an aggressive goal for THIS month. I'll be tapering for two weeks and recovering from my race for one week, so hitting 120 will be a challenge! Thanks for the motivation, Clyde!