Monday, October 18, 2010

OktoberFast Challenge: UPDATE Week 3/5

I guess I just took my longest hiatus from the blog world since I started this thing a year ago.  I was off the blog for about a week, though it felt much longer than that.  Thanks for your e-mails checking in.  I am fine.

Here is what DIDN'T happen over the past week:
  • I did not go to a "dark place" and eat everything in sight (though that feeling could strike at any moment).
  • I did not give up on my goals for OktoberFast.
  • I was not arrested or detained in a holding cell, pending a court date.
Here is what DID transpire over the past week:
  • I ate pretty well, put in some miles on the bike and went for one run, though I should have done more.
  • I bought a new road bike for my lovely wife, Mrs. Clyde.  This is a much-needed upgrade to her 10-year-old Mongoose mountain bike that was NEVER used for mountain biking. 
  • I had a few work trips and worked a trade show last weekend.
  • I spent a lot of time on a new obsession, which is still a part of The Clydesdale Project.  (More on that tomorrow).
So, my friends, I am sorry that I have not checked in with this blog or on yours over the past week (although I have checked in on some blogs without leaving comments).  I am curious to hear how everyone is doing. 

Please comment below and let us know how you are doing toward your goals!

13 comments:

TRI714 said...

Irony at it's best. I was just checking your blog about the time you posted it. Congrats to the wife on the new ride. Congrats to you for putting in some miles,and not eating everything in sight.
p.s. I have a new beer I like a lot- Sam Adams octoberfest !! good taste.

since 10-11 posting Ive added

swim- 1600 meters
bike- 31 miles
run- 9 miles

ill total it up next time.

weight 207 lbs

Debbie said...

Congrats to the wifer for the new bike and I am glad you are back.

Patrick Mahoney said...

good to hear man. Holding the line at a trade-show is especially impressive.

Madame Cur said...

I am feeling a lot better. Looking at my diet and my multi vitamin, I think I may have been overdosing. That explains the fatigue and flushing face.

Exercised well today, ate well. It's all good!

Looking forward to your post tomorrow!

Diana Tries-A-Tri! said...

Glad you're back and havnen't gone into a crazy carb/sugar/cheese (or maybe those are just my 'bad' food I binge on) stuper!

I got my speedwork in, but no long run. Seems like it's always one or the other. Lots of good weights though!

spunkysuzi said...

I got some walking in today as well as some biking! Makes me a happy camper :)
How's the biking going??

Miss S. said...

Glad you are doing well-your friend's wolf mask in the last post cracked me up!

Kathleen said...

Having a new bike in the house is always fun!

Alan (Pounds Off Playoff) said...

Good to hear from you, Andre. ;-)

Glad to hear about the bike for Mrs. Clyde. Hopefully that helps you attain the cruiser down the road. Is her difficult situation that you referenced during the summer resolved? Hope so.

Curious to hear what your new news is. Will tune in tomorrow!

Raegun said...

Hey - it's you! :)
Things are going well for me - I'm still free of drive-thru Starbucks and I have put in about 24/50 miles on foot. I'm going to have some serious mileage to make up over the next 2 weeks when it comes to running. I might have to do a few looooong walks/hikes to help the cause.
Looking forward to your news!
Rae
xo

lindsay said...

it is quite alright. we all get busy with 'real' life! things are going well here - i am doing well in my "30min/day" goal, but could be doing better on the weight loss goal.

i actually did a beer review (well, kinda) in honor of oktoberfast!

LauraLynne said...

I updated my OctoberFAST stats on my friday blog...coming along nicely - thanks for hte challenge!

heather said...

Glad you're back.

Doing okay on Octoberfast. I went to the dark place you speak of, only mine involves fist fulls of candy corn or M&M's, whatever's within reach.