Friday, November 19, 2010

El Tour de Tucson Race Tomorrow!

Samson, our friend Crazy Jim and I are ready for the big race tomorrow.  At least Samson and I are ready.  Crazy Jim has not ridden his bike since May 7th (I'm not kidding), but he is crazy after all and can do incredible things with very little effort.  We shall see, said the Zen Master.

Samson is not concerned at all, which is awesome.  He doesn't know that they are predicting 19 mph winds from the southwest, which is the direction we'll be heading.  Headwinds for a few hours.  Sounds like a bummer adventure. 

We'll do a write-up by Sunday night.   Thank you all for the encouragement toward Samson and myself.  We have already won the race, based on the hours spent together in preparation.  Good times.

Big Clyde

14 comments:

Kovas Palubinskas said...

Best of luck to all 3 of you (mostly to Crazy Jim, since you and Samson actually trained).

Patrick Mahoney said...

Let Crazy Jim pull you the entire way and then dust him on the final sprint. That's what you get for not training when Samson and his main lead out man BC are rolling.

Raegun said...

Good luck tomorrow (as if you need it!).

RockStarTri said...

Someone has to rock this race so it might as well be you!

Lesley @ racingitoff.com said...

GOOD LUCK!!! Virtually cheering.

spunkysuzi said...

You guys are definitely winners already in my book!

Jarrett @ "PaddlePedalPlod" said...

I'm with mr. mahoney on this one!
Good luck to all of you!

William Hanson said...

Best of luck... and have a blast :-)

pinkvision said...

Good luck and have a great time!

phatinphx said...

Best of luck to you on the Tour! Have a blast!

Alan (Pounds Off Playoff) said...

I can't wait to hear about it! And I'll tell my boys!

wendyinjapan said...

Hope the race went well! Looking forward to reading about it :)

Allison said...

Hope it went well yesterday! Can't wait to read your report!

Christina said...

I'm late to the good-luck party, so I'll just throw in that I'm sure you guys had an amazing time together! Great work!