Friday, November 26, 2010

Farewell, My Love

Scene:  Big Clyde and Mrs. Clyde are running errands on Friday afternoon.

Mrs. Clyde:  "So, how much weight have you lost?"

Big Clyde:  "Uhh, well you know, we just had that big lunch...and uh, I did drink a lot of water this morning, but you know, if I skip dinner tonight, maybe the scale might be okay tomorrow morning and...(mumbling)..."

Mrs. Clyde:  "You're stalling!  Are you still at that 50 pound weight loss milestone?"

Big Clyde:  "Well, uhh, I might have gained some weight back, but you know, muscle weighs more than fat, so...(looks away and mumbles)I'm really at about 43 pounds lost at this point."

Mrs. Clyde:  "But we engraved your iPod Touch with the phrase 'Big Clyde's First 50!'.  What's the plan now, Clyde?"

(end scene)

Bummer.  She's right.  I am pretty happy with my weight, but I really should weigh less...at least where I was on September 6, 2010 when I had dropped to 275 (a 50-pound loss).

So, I decided on the spot that I will hand over my precious...my beloved iPod Touch to my wife until I get back to that 50-pound weight loss mark. 

See you soon, baby.  Don't miss me too much!

6 comments:

Alan (Pounds Off Playoff) said...

Say it ain't so! As soon as the Throwdown is over, you've got to relose that weight!

Patrick Mahoney said...

Man, you are quite noble. That's a stand up move on your part and I applaud you. I like your tie by the way.

Lesley @ racingitoff.com said...

WOW!!! Impressive move... I know you'll earn it back in no time.

JoAnn said...

I love your pictures Big Clyde! You'll soon have your baby back (we hope). Keep at it! :)

Raegun said...

I agree with Patrick - you are a stand up guy, Mr. Clyde. I'm sure you'll have your lovely back in your pocket in no time.

Caratunk Girl said...

Oh man!! Well, you know what, you can get back there and get your baby back.