Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Thankful Healthy Blogger 5K


A Journey To Thin came up with the idea of encouraging people to run a local 5K race, (or to just do it in your own neighborhood) on Thanksgiving in honor of the many things we are thankful for.   I like it, so I'm in.

Please consider joining me in this, if you can fit it in to your schedule.  At some point over the weekend, run or walk 5K (3.1 miles).  A decent walk gets this done in an hour.

For cyclists, let's call it 12 miles.  Again, a leisurely pace would be just under an hour if rolling along with the kids.

One request?  If you choose to do this, please comment in below and post your time, just for fun.  This is not about who is fastest...but it is interesting for me to see our various levels.  Some of us are just starting out, some are tri-athletes and some are plodding along in the middle, like me.  Don't brag if you're fast and don't be bummed if your slow.  Let's just all be glad that we got out there.

Who's in?

9 comments:

Patrick Mahoney said...

I'm in what the heck. Had a lot of fun with the Black Knights virtual 10K last weekend might as well go back to back. Have a good Thanksgiving.

Patrick said...

I am thankful for so much... getting healthy in 2010 is near the top of the list behind family & friends.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

wendyinjapan said...

I`ll get out this weekend and walk 5k :) Comment back after it`s done.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Moving Mertle said...

I'm getting ready to head over to the local Huffing for Stuffing. a 5K to benefit the food bank.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Tricia said...

great idea!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Raegun said...

I'm in!!! I need to add some Throwdown miles before that Katie trounces me. If I do it quickly, do they count double towards my total? LOL

Lesley @ racingitoff.com said...

I did my own 10k on Turkey Day. 1:06... not bad for me!

Bruce said...

I was unknowingly in! I ran 4 miles on Saturday. Good job to all who did their mileage!

Patrick Mahoney said...

I didn't get a chance to go run this on it's own so if I can use the first half of a 10K from Thursday, that'd be cool. 23:22.