Monday, November 8, 2010

Weigh In - November Throwdown Challenge!

Weight Change:  Lost 4 pounds this past week!

Today, I'm feeling:  Great.  Glad that I am in this challenge with Alan from The Pounds Off Playoff

Highlight of the Week:  I may write more about this later, but I chose to ride up this very steep hill, south of my neighborhood that many cyclists stay away from.  It just looks so intimidating.  I crushed it!  Not tough at all for me now.  Tackle your fears, my friends.

Food:  Floated around 1,700 daily calories of extremely healthy stuff. Egg whites, veggies, fruit, little dairy and turkey or ham for several days, but on others I just tried to eat sensibly.  Given my increase in exercise, I hoped it would off-set a slight rise in calories.  I guess it worked!

Exercise: I ran 4 miles and rode my bike 44 miles last week.  It was unique in that I did something almost every day last week and each workout (even if the mileage was short) was pretty aggressive in terms of cardio.

My Goals for this Week:
• Pursue new goal of 270 weight by December 4th. 55 pound loss by my 45th birthday!
• Short-term goal is to be at 279 by 11/15!
• 40 cycling miles this week and 8 running miles this week.
• Maintain about 1,500 - 1,700 daily calories of healthy food.

9 comments:

Kovas Palubinskas said...

Nice progress, especially on the consistent training. Way to make that mountain a molehill!

Patrick Mahoney said...

killer job on that hill, Clyde. Nicely done.

I Said So... said...

Good job on the workouts!!! And 4 pounds in one week is BIG! way to go.

Ann (-28 lbs in -60 lb challenge) said...

Holy cow, Clyde! I don't know what to congratulate you on FIRST! So many amazing components this past week, and you brought them all together in one weight-busting combo. Alan, you need to worry.

Fantastic job on that hill, and more importantly, on proving to yourself you can do it! You are better than you give yourself credit for being, Clyde. Good that you challenge yourself and stretch your perceived limits this way ...

This post was like the "chutes" from Chutes & Ladders! (Oops, am I dating myself there?)

Keep up the amazing job you've been doing. This was fun to read, and a good inspiration for us all!

Dr. Fat To Fit said...

Awesome week for you! Way to go! You're spanking Alan!

Barbara said...

Great job on your loss and workouts! I really likd how you continue to outline your goals and are always working towards smaller goals, with the big picture still in view.

Jake "The Fatty" said...

Nicely done buddy. 1700 calories a day has to be hard to stick to yeah? I don't know how you're keeping track but I am really digging MyFitnessPal for calorie tracking.

Patrick said...

Calorie intake and exercise quantity; seems you have found a solid balance for you. Four pounds down, awesome!

Raegun said...

I've been MIA for the week, but just had to pop by and catch up on the Throwdown. Congrats on conquering that hill, Clyde! Keep it up.
Rae