Monday, December 27, 2010

Coming Back Into Focus

What I did over Christmas Vacation

I spent a lot of time with my wife and kids.
I had good times with friends.
I worked out a little (actually, very little).
I worshipped.
I drank some beer.
I ate way too many chocolate kisses.

I'm not into guilt, so I don't feel badly about my lack of progress on mileage or poor eating.  I enjoyed myself with family and friends and just relaxed. 

But now, it is time to focus.

I am ready to get back to my mileage and fitness goals. 

Over the past 10 days, I slacked off my training for the upcoming 10K, but I was already ahead of schedule in terms of mileage, so I think I'll be okay if I get back to it today. 

Many of you post pictures of running in the snow and rain, so I won't complain about the challenge of running in our cold desert temps of 58 degrees.  (But seriously, it feels like 52, so you know...it's cold.).

I'll eat better this week, but still have some parties to go to and want to not focus on calories until Jan 1.  On Jan 1st, I'll get back to my old format of tracking my calories daily and posting my weight weekly.  I'll set some new goals for my weight.  As my running mileage ramps up, the pounds should fall (if I'm eating well).

I am coming back into focus and it feels good. 2011 will be a great year.

Big Clyde

9 comments:

Alan (Pounds Off Playoff) said...

It will be a good year indeed. LOL at "it feels like 52"!

Jayme said...

I want to live in the warm (even when it's "cold") desert (dessert? I never know which one). Ran in the 40 degree rain today.

Raegun said...

I've taken the same approach to the holidays. I figure a few "off days" can't make or break the progress I've made to date. And you know what? After 4 days off my legs are actually itchin' to get out for a run (in *ahem* 30-degrees & snow). 2011 will be fantastic - I can't wait to create my own goal list for the year ahead. Have a happy New Year!

Moving Mertle said...

Time to refocus is definitely my mantra for this week too. I'm getting my workouts back on schedule then drop those calories back to dieting range. Have fun at all your parties.

Lesley @ racingitoff.com said...

Right there with you. I enjoyed the holidays, didn't badger myself... and I know I'll be back at it soon enough. No reason for guilt! Happy New Year!

lindsay said...

glad you had a good celebration! i did have a little ate-too-much guilt, but i'm getting over it :)

Kate said...

"But it's a dry cold"? Lol. I've been surprised this year my how not-bad running in the cold is. And yeah, I love my snowy run pictures. :)

My 16 year old was amusing himself tonight at the pool by making my leg fat jiggle in the water. Time to get my running shoes back on, put away the cookies...and take away his goggles.

Patrick said...

Good to see you in the right frame of mind for a new day, a new year; Happy New Year!

Julie said...

Must be nice to be warm at Christmas time. I had to work out at the gym because we were below zero all the time and way to much snow to ride in. I'm enjoying myself here. You are doing awesome in your life style journey. Yes we all need time off or we'll just go beserk.
A bit more reading tonight. Blessings.