Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Feel-Good Run

4:10 am   Wake-up to alarm
5:05 am   Leave for Starbucks, then 2 hour drive to monthly meeting in Phoenix
7:05 am   Arrive in Phoenix, hit Starbucks for another round...then the office
7:30 - Noon   Long meeting
Noon  Devour the world's greasiest chinese food, which was horrible.  Look up from empty plate, wanting to punch myself in the face.
Noon - 5 pm   Meeting, part two.
5:00 - 7:00 pm   Drive home, stopped at Arby's (second mistake of the day).

7:00 - 8:00 pm  Good time with the family.  Change clothes. 

8:00 - 8:30 pm  Went for a cool 2.5 mile run!  I didn't hate this one.  I actually felt good on the run.  Amazing.  It's my 4th cardio day out of the last 5 days and my first run after my confidence-building 5-mile run on Sunday.  I ran the entire 2.5 miles tonight and realized after about 20 minutes in that I was pretty energized and began running faster. 

Next run is just 2 miles on Thursday.  I intend to push it and work on some speed.

Big Clyde

10 comments:

Patrick Mahoney said...

good stuff, man. Keep it up...

Diana Tries-A-Tri! said...

Nice work!

Alan (Pounds Off Playoff) said...

Wow, I had a similar long day with no good eating options in sight. I knew instinctively I should be framing the day and not the passive victim of my schedule, but couldn't figure out how. I am in very impressed with your initiative today.

MizFit said...

I LOVE the mixing of the words RUN and FEEL GOOD :)
we arent there yet around here.

YET!

Ann (-35 lbs in -60 lb challenge) said...

I am continually impressed with your athleticism, Clyde. Feeling energized, on a 2.5 mile run? AWESOME!

I wonder if you'd feeling more so, had you not had the world's greasiest Chinese food earlier in the day. LOL Glad you didn't punch yourself though. (Still chuckling over that ...)

Like Alan said, your exercise intiative was pretty impressive! Well done.

Raegun said...

A good run always makes one feel better after a day full of evils, no? Way to go, Clyde. Running 2.5 straight must feel great! It sounds like you have some prescribed distances....are you following a training plan for your 10k?

Kovas Palubinskas said...

Nice progress, it'l lcome quicker now and soon you'll be totally hooked.

Fizz said...

Just think if you'd spent that 30 minutes riding uphill on your Scott! Think how much Arby's and Wing Lu you would've burned!

:)

Jessica said...

Great job! You just keep adding on those miles ;)

Lesley @ racingitoff.com said...

Nice! A good run can put you over the mental hurdle...