Monday, December 20, 2010

An IronMan Christmas Challenge (Accepted!)

I was crusing several sites this morning and saw Luke's site The Fatlete.  He is hosting a challenge that started at midnight today (12/20) and ends at midnight on 12/24.  It is a virtual IronMan challenge. 

The Rules:  Between these dates you must swim 1.2 miles, bike 56 miles, and run/walk 13.1 miles in any order and in as many segments as needed to make the distance.  

I won't be doing the swim portion and he is okay with that (I'm not getting in my un-heated pool!).  Please go to the link above and register if you are interested.

I needed a kick-in-the-tail challenge for this week.  After confessing my grumpiness on my previous post, I intended to get hardcore on some mileage.  Then, my back started feeling pretty sore and I wimped out this weekend.  With vacation all week, it's time to make up for lost miles.

56 cycling miles.  13.1 run/walk miles.  Five days.  These will be more miles than I have done before and I am grateful for the challenge.  Thanks, Luke!

Does anyone else have any pre-Christmas goals?

Big Clyde

8 comments:

Luke said...

Thanks for the shoutout!!!!! You are in the lead so far!

Dr. Fat To Fit said...

Clyde, you never fail to crack me up. Iron Man in a Santa cap...priceless. I wish I could do all that, but I have to work this week. :(

My goal is to workout everyday this week. I am training today with the trainer, TKD class tomorrow. Then, jogging and biking and TKD practice. I REFUSE to get the, "BUT IT'S THE HOLIDAYS" crap in my brain. You are awesome!

pinkvision said...

What a great idea. And what a fab start to the holidays, you'll be feeling so good about yourself meeting those challenges. :)

I can't do the running or the cycling bit, but sure can do the swimming!

Neighbor Ted said...

I am hoping you guys could help me out. My old neighbor used to post under this guy's name and I'm wondering if anyone knows if he has a new alias or something??? Any help?

Caratunk Girl said...

Cool! I will check it out, I need to visit Luke's page anyway.

No more grumpies!! :)

Clive Chapman said...

Loving that idea, good luck!

Lesley @ racingitoff.com said...

What a great challenge idea! Good luck... I know you'll get it done.

Ann (-50 lbs in -60 lb challenge) said...

I like the concept of a virtual ironman challenge. Fun!!!

What? No swimming in your unheated pool? hehehe I have a feeling your BACK isn't what would concern you anymore, if you tried it ...

Is biking less stressful to your back, than running?

Good luck with the ironman challnege, Clyde. It will be fun to watch!!