Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Short Hill-Climb ride

35 minutes, most of it uphill, for my bike ride tonight.  This is my "cross-train" day for Week Two of my 8-Week training plan for the 10k race.   I like the plan and actually look forward to the next workout each day.

I am now tracking both running AND cycling miles on http://www.dailymile.com/.    It is a pretty cool site and will help me track mileage more easily than the bar I have been manually inputting here.

Hope everyone is having a good week!

Big Clyde

8 comments:

Alan (Pounds Off Playoff) said...

Riding hills is so rewarding. And I notice results from that more than anything. The great thing about riding hills is in 35 minutes you feel like you got a decent workout. I pretty much live on a hill and on a rainy weekend day I can turn a half-hour rain break into a passable day of exercise.

Patrick Mahoney said...

cool man. Love/Hate hills.

Ann (-36 lbs in -60 lb challenge) said...

Keep that up, Clyde, and you won't be classified as a Clydesdale for much longer. Well done!

Alan - fantastic commentary on squeezing exercise in, when presented with an opportunity. I need to keep that in mind.

Luke said...

Great job. I hate hill workouts, but I love what they build for later.

Jessica said...

It is official...you have inspired me to to the Higdon 10 training plan in the New Year...I don't know that I will do an actual 10k, but really like the good mix of workouts in the training plan. Thanks for the inpiration!

Kovas Palubinskas said...

Hills are an awesome workout, as they combine intervals, endurance, and form into one. No faking it on the hills!

Lesley @ racingitoff.com said...

Better man than me... oh wait, yeah, you are... I hate hills!!!

Dr. Fat To Fit said...

I like the new widget. You are doing so awesome with your training. It is inspiring.