Thursday, December 9, 2010

Tonight's Running Goal...

According the the 10k training plan, I will run 2 miles tonight.  Until tonight, my pace has been 12:00+ minute miles on each run.  But I felt great on Tuesday night's run...after eating horribly, including a warm-up walk, so...

Tonight, I will strive to get to an 11:00 mile pace per mile.  2 miles in 22 minutes.

I'll update tonight and let you know how it went!

UPDATE:  I did it in 20:45!  That is a 10:22 pace per mile, which is much better than my recent 12:00.  I don't think I could have gone further, because I was breathing pretty hard during the last 1/2 mile (okay, the whole run).  My thanks to Patrick Mahoney for the special coaching for tonight and to the rest of you for the encouragement!  It made it more fun for me.

Big Clyde

7 comments:

Jessica said...

You can do it! Then after you do it, when I am working on my pace I can think...well Big Clyde can do this so I can too :) Good luck on tonight's run! :)

Patrick Mahoney said...

you've got that.

pinkvision said...

Go for it, Clyde!

Lesley @ racingitoff.com said...

Ah, you've got this one.

Kovas Palubinskas said...

Way to push the plan!

Raegun said...

I love that you're pushing yourself. This is exactly why you KILL all of your goals. ;)

Clive Chapman said...

Well done big feller, very impressed that you're running. Something that's not for me. I hated it even when I had to do it in the military and during my rugby career. A very reluctant runner me.

Thankfully my damaged knees now prevent running! Every cloud etc...