Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Running For Tacos

Got home at about 6:15 tonight.  Dark, getting colder by the minute.

I knew I had a 3-mile run on the agenda tonight, but the family wanted to be together and they were thinking Rubio's (a fresh-mex chain).   They lured me in and I wondered if I would just run late, late tonight.

But then...
A quick look on http://www.mapmyrun.com/ showed that the restaurant was 3.5 miles away.  I suggested that I run to the place and meet them there.  My kids couldn't believe it and my wife just seemed amused. 

Snatched up the iPod, flashlight, water bottle, Road I.D. bracelet and hit the road.  It was a slower pace than I hoped for (11:23 min/mile), but I ran nearly all of it (only 3 min of walk breaks). 

It was motivating for me to know that I was actually running toward my waiting family and some low-cal chicken tacos!  Good times.

Tomorrow's workout will be a 45 minute hill-climb, bike ride.

Have a great week everyone.

Big Clyde

11 comments:

Alan (Pounds Off Playoff) said...

You rule, Clyde!!!

Kovas Palubinskas said...

That is awesome Clyde! I love point to point runs.

Diana Tries-A-Tri! said...

That's awesome! I bet those tacos tasted even better!

Jessica said...

That is awesome!

Moving Mertle said...

way to fit in exercise!

Bruce said...

Way to work the workout in!

Allison said...

Awesome - make the tacos so worth it!

Good luck with the hill climb tonight!
You rock!

Luke said...

First, had no idea where that was going but you had me at tacos.

Cool evening running to dinner. A few months ago someone posted a list of you know you are dating a triathlete when...one of them was when he says he gona run right out...he runs.

I shared that with my wife because when I say I am running out to the stor or running to her parents...I run there.I find whatever I am getting, like tacos, is way more rewarding when I worked to it.Hope you did too!!

Tricia said...

awesome!

Chunky said...

Hi Big Clyde, I'm new to your blog and I do have to that is a great story. Keep up the great work.

Christina said...

Haha, you are awesome! Great idea, Clyde! You sure did work for those tacos. Your kids have their very own SuperDad. :) Would you ever have guessed a year ago that you would WANT to, let alone be ABLE to, run out for dinner? AMAZING!