Saturday, February 26, 2011

Taking a Mulligan...

Do you know this term, "taking a mulligan"?   Golfer's do.

Urban Dictionary defines it as:  A Mulligan, in a game, happens when a player gets a second chance to perform a certain move or action; usually due to lack of skill or bitter luck. A "Do-Over".

I am taking a mulligan on this week's weigh-in.  Not burying my head in the sand, I did actually step on the scale and saw how my week of sickness affected my weight.   A 4-pound gain, which maybe could have been expected after strong losses over the past two weeks.

I continue to have a hacking cough with no time to really rest up on this weekend.  My huge work project involves an unusual work day in the field today and major office time on Sunday-Monday.  Then, I have a quick business trip until Thursday, when I will steal a couple of days off.

The good news is that I am slowly starting to feel better, except for the cough and mild congestion.  It seems I am coming around.  My goal is still within reach, but will require even greater effort now.

I hope all is well with all of you.

Big Clyde
Big Clyde being nursed back to good health!

15 comments:

J said...

I had a cough that wouldn't go away...it made running very difficult. I finally had to break down and go to the doc. A z-pack later and I'm feeling better...finally.

Get well soon!
J

Kimberley said...

Take the mulligan BC!

Have a great week, get better and come on Thursday!

Michael said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Just get through the next few days and bring on the time off!

spunkysuzi said...

Hope you feel better ASAP!! Take care of yourself

Alan (Pounds Off Playoff) said...

I never fail to marvel at your awesome pics. Tell me your job really is curator of the Andre the Giant museum, which would really explain a lot!

pinkvision said...

Get better soon!

RickGetsFit.ca said...

I'm glad you're starting to feel better - I think I'm just starting to get sick. Ughh! Cheers, Rick

Raegun said...

I ama golfer, and I know the term 'mulligan' all too well! Take care of yourself and feel better soon.

411 Gurl said...

Personally, I think the odds of you hitting a hole in one is well within your reach. Keep your head down and your knees bent...(I think that's how it goes :) )

The Turtle said...

I hope you get back to feeling 100% very soon. Being sick is no fun at all.

Clive Chapman said...

Seems the nasty bug is our side of the pond too. I can't seem to shift the cough and the blocked nose!

Scuttleboose said...

It always seems like we gain when we're sick. Don't worry - it will give you a big loss to look forward to for next week :)

GeorgiaSnail said...

It's not a sprint, BC! Relentless forward progress! Glad you are feeling better!

Bruce said...

Get better soon!

Caratunk Girl said...

Feel better soon.