Saturday, February 12, 2011

Weigh In - February 12, 2011


A clydesdale at rest.
 Weight Change:  Lost 6 pounds since last Saturday!

Today, I'm feeling:  Great!  Ready to get back to running and cycling, after a two week absence.  I have been a clydesdale at rest.

Here's what happened over the past two weeks:
After running my first 10K, I found myself catching up on time with family, a busy work schedule and letting a dull pain in my knee heal up with some rest.  I weighed in last week for the first time last Saturday to set a new baseline.

Food:  This week, I ate really well at approx 1,750 calories per day.  Most of the food was proteins (egg whites, some cheese, cream for the coffee and non-fat milk), fruits and carrots.  I also had some cereal, which I have to get rid of from my diet.  It is not healthy for me and I tend to overeat it.

Liquids:  I drank tons of water, no soda, and a beer or two.

Exercise:  Nothing this past week.  A light run the week before.  Terrible.

Confessional:  After the last few months of steady running or cycling mileage, I also ate more fatty foods, which included more sugar.  That sugar is addictive and I see that I still need to work on reducing those cravings.  Another week or so of healthy food and those cravings should go away.

My Goals for this Week:
• Drop another 3 pounds.
• Continue to pursue goal of 275 weight by March 31st!
• 50 miles this week:  40 on the bike, 10 on my feet.
• Eat 1,700 daily calories of good healthy food, more green veggies.

Make it a good week everyone!

Big Clyde

11 comments:

J said...

Way to go on your weight loss! That's awesome!
J

TRI714 said...

there you go BC, get it done.

Kimberley said...

Lookin' good BC. Love this post. You are getting things done!

Raegun said...

Nice loss, Clyde. It sounds like you've been keeping things pretty balanced. Yes - I highly recommend the dark, dark chocolate. It packs more punch, so you need way less!

Caratunk Girl said...

Wahoo!! That is so awesome Clyde!! Sorry I have been AWOL...I get lost in bloggy land sometimes and miss out on my favorite blogs (yours is one of those!) but anyway, congratulations I am so excited for you!

Alan (Pounds Off Playoff) said...

Wow Cldye!!! It seems as if you just have to avoid contests with me and the weight just falls away! That's great. Good to see you focused again. Oh, and yes, cereal. I like Trader Joe's High Fiber O's, which don't feel like empty calories, but those calories add up, too.

Megan said...

Wow! That's great! You seem very, very in tune with your body and know what works. Keep it up - you'll reach your goal!

Moving Mertle said...

Way to go! Those goals better watch out for you!

pinkvision said...

Excellent loss, well done! Love the horsy pic :)

spunkysuzi said...

That's a great loss Clyde!! I have to be careful with sugar and stay away from it as much as possible.
Have a great week.

Bruce said...

Hi I'm Bruce and I'm a sugarholic... Great job on the turnaround Clyde! I'll give it some thought and make a few short term goals of my own. Thanks for the inspiration goals them.