Thursday, March 24, 2011

31 Miles in Three Days Challenge!

Just a quick post to check in.  Last week was a great week for me:  13 miles of running and 25 miles on the bike.  6 workout days in a row.  My speed is increasing (especially on the bike) and I feel healthier.  Goals achieved.

This week however has been a bit more challenging.  I took Monday off and Tuesday off...and had a massive work emergency project on Wednesday.  I have fallen far behind on my mileage goals this week so far.

The bike miles can be made up easily.  I did just 6 quick miles tonight after work.  Crazy Jim is on his way over to watch the UofA vs. Duke game.   Go Arizona!

I know that I can do a longer bike ride this weekend to get to 25 cycling miles, maybe more.  But I have no running miles in yet this week.  Doing 12 by Sunday night (and the cycling miles) seems like more of a challenge, but I am committing here to do it.

12 Running Miles,
19 Bike Miles,
By Sunday night.

I'll post my results nightly. 

See you out there!

Big Clyde

9 comments:

Kimberley said...

Keep on rolling and running BC!!!

Tri4Success said...

Very doable and with a public commitment I have no doubt you'll get the miles in. I very rarely take 2 days off in a row as it tends to snowball from there. It just gets harder to get going again.

Jessica said...

You can do it :)

Raegun said...

Way to go, Clyde! You are the king of the mini-challenge. I think I need to create some of my own short-term challenges to stay on track. Well done!

Kovas said...

Maybe you could spin and watch the games? Would that count? Treadmill?

TRI714 said...

I like Kovas's answer. Remember though. You can do 19 miles on a bike in just over an hour of time. Call it an hour and a half. were as 12 miles running = 2.5 hours. keep it up whatever you do.

Patrick said...

You Da Man!

Thanks for your kind words of support on my blog; way cool of you!

Have a great weekend!

Patrick Mahoney said...

http://www.menshealth.com/nutrition/interval-training-workouts

Check it...

Alan (Pounds Off Playoff) said...

Keep it going, Clyde. I'm pleased to hear you're getting faster. Maybe that'll be me someday.