Friday, March 25, 2011

31 Miles in Three Days: Day 1 Update

Not much to say other than I am so glad that this tough (work) week is over and I can be with family, friends and get caught up on some mileage.

I did a quick run tonight after work, but before a card game at TIG's* house.   I did 2.04 miles in 22:31.  That is a pace of 11:02.  Not fast, but faster than I have been doing lately. 

I really need to learn about intervals or working on speed.  I know nothing about it and should probably learn. 

I am also hoping to get a Garmin 305 or something similar in the future to track my pace on my runs.  Any ideas?

Back with a mileage update tomorrow!

Big Clyde

(We call him TIG because his wife admiringly reminds us "...because he's a TIG welder".  A wife who is proud of her husband is a beautiful thing to see!)

4 comments:

wendyinjapan said...

Hi Clyde! I haven't been doing a good job of keeping up with blogs for awhile, but am hoping to get back on schedule :)

I have been doing ok on my running lately. I went home to Texas for 2 weeks and even got out to run while on vacation! That's a huge step for me!!

Looking forward to reading more about your journey :)

Patrick Mahoney said...

http://www.menshealth.com/nutrition/interval-training-workouts

Check it.

Garmin 305's are fairly inexpensive now due to the 310, but the 305 is still totally fine.

tahoegirl said...

Good job on the run. If I don't run or workout first thing in the morning I won't do it. Kudos for running after work!

Michael said...

I have the 305 and love it and Patrick is right you can get them pretty cheap now. Good job on the workouts!