Saturday, March 5, 2011

Biking Season Begins!

At least, it began for me this week.  I felt like a bear, climbing out of his winter cave into the daylight. 

Things this week went just as I figured they would.  My cold is pretty much gone now and Thursday morning, Crazy Jim and I went for our first decent bike ride of the year.  Crazy Jim is an awesome friend who started cycling with me last year and did the El Tour ride with me and my son.

So, we rode 22 miles (which included some strong hills) and it felt great to be back out there.

My eating was decent, but not great.  During my sickness and business trip, I was not very focused on eating well.  Consequently, I lost no weight this week. 

This week marked a new chapter in our family life.  My wife started a new job this week, which brings a new and great schedule to our family.  Other good things happened as well, and I feel like we can finally exhale and settle into a new phase of our lives.  (For the past year, we have been going through some turmoil in a few areas and it all finally seemed to move forward in a positive direction this week).  It feels really good.

I'll be riding or running today and tomorrow.  Mileage will be posted on dailymile.com and on the sidebar on the right. 

Big Clyde

7 comments:

Kimberley said...

Glad to see you were out on your wheels! Way to go BC.

Congratulations to Mrs. BC on her new job! I wish her much success!

Sounds like things have definitely taken a turn for the better. Great news!

tahoegirl said...

22 miles for your first bike ride of the year. Awesome!

A new season is almost upon us. May it bring you and your family nothing but positive things.

RockStarTri said...

I'm sure the road has welcomed you back. "Feeling good" is a good place to be.

Alan (Pounds Off Playoff) said...

Wow, this is your best post in months, newswise. I know how hard the last year was for you and Mrs. Clyde. Sounds like things have reached a good resolution. I'm really glad to hear that. And your first bike ride sounds great. Two years ago, could you have imagined ripping off a 22 mile ride - with hills - right out of the chute?

Thanks for your comments today. I look forward to those things, too.

JK said...

A really nice ride for the first of the season. Glad to hear things are moving in such a positive direction.

Liz said...

I just found your blog through RunCourtneyRun. I was the guest blogger today and I really appreciate your kind words. :)

I'm totally loving your blog. (And I have to tell you, I'm an English teacher who has had the ultimate pleasure of teaching The Princess Bride for a number of years. It was by far the most fun book (if you've never read it, you have to read all the Fezzik chapters), and I hold a special place in my heart for Fezzik. :)

Bruce said...

From personal experience I know how great it can be to overcome physical challenges and get back after it! Glad to hear you had a great ride!