Thursday, March 17, 2011

Boring or Awesome ?!?

If the question is "how is March going" for me, then the answer is:  Both!  March is boring AND awesome for me.

For the past two weeks, I have been on either my bike or a run on twelve of those days. 

So, is that boring?  Sure, a little.  Sometimes I am doing a 2-mile run, sometimes a 4 or 5-mile run.  Sometimes an 8-mile quick bike ride.  Boring.

Is it AWESOME  Yeah, it totally is awesome, because that means that I am developing a habit of cardio work on a regular basis.

It's not as exciting as a huge milestone race (which has been a motivator in the past).

It's not necessarily resulting in weight loss (I'm intentionally not tracking my weight right now).

But I can feel that I am getting stronger and getting used to the routine of exercising.

It's turning out to be a great month.

Big Clyde

8 comments:

GeorgiaSnail said...

How awesome is it that a regularly scheduled (and completed!) workout schedule has become "boring". Great to hear Big C!

Bruce said...

It may not be a milestone, but it is great to get such great traction on a lifestyle change. That is what this is all about! Great job Clyde!

Kovas said...

Great progress Clyde! That consistency is the most important part of being fit.

TRI714 said...

What Kovas said. "exactly"

Tri4Success said...

A habit of working out is a great thing, but if it's getting boring then you're ready to integrate some interval workouts! Keep it interesting and exciting!

Kimberley said...

All I see is AWESOME!!!

Clive Chapman said...

If you'll excuse the Americanism, it's so you fellers will understand this Englishman...

WAY TO GO BIG GUY!!! ;-)

Luke said...

two thumbs up for habits!