Monday, March 14, 2011

Week(end) Recap

My last post hit Friday morning.  Busy time since then...

Friday (day) - Drive two hours to Phoenix (and back home) to grab some product from my awesome factory, who made three samples overnight for me...in prep for a huge presentation on Monday.  Wife and I rallied our friends for a last-minute dinner gathering.

Friday, 5pm - After work, headed out for a quick run.  Did 2.2 miles, with a steep hill.  Short run, but was glad to get it in. 

Friday night - Got together with 9 other friends at a local brewery.  Good times.
Big Clyde likes a can of beer.



Saturday - Spent the day around the University of Arizona with the fam, while my daughter did volunteer work at the Ben's Bells Project

Saturday night - Did a 8 mile ride on the bike at an average speed of 14 mph.  Pretty fast for me.  My friend Jay suggests that my commuter bike, knobby tires and heavy tubes are slowing me down a bit.  My tires are nearly worn out.  When that happens, I'll upgrade to some quicker "road" tires.   Watched "School of Rock" with the fam.

Sunday morning - Church.  Sermon was on loving my enemies.  I am working on it, God.

Sunday mid-day - Did some work reports, got ready for big Monday meeting, then made a fruit salad for dinner party at Crazy Jim's house.

Sunday evening - Ran 3.8 miles before the dinner party.  Again, glad to get in some mileage on an otherwise busy day.

Sunday night - College Group meets at our house.  We kicked them out at 10pm.

Great weekend.

Mileage for the week: 
Running:  12 miles
Cycling:  17 miles
Worked-out 9 out of the last 11 days.  A definite improvement for me.  

There was no epic workout period, but I am trying to make something happen about 6 days a week.  Mission accomplished.

Big Clyde

8 comments:

The Turtle said...

Nine out of 11 days is really impressive. Keep up the good work!

tahoegirl said...

Great job! I, too, am working on loving my enemies. :o)

TRI714 said...

sounds pretty epic. Good job BC.

Fizzhogg said...

9 out of 11 days!!! That is flat out AWESOME.

Well done.

Doesn't matter how much or how little you do, so long as you do something. Build a habit for your body.

1 mile, 5 miles, 20 miles, 100 yards. So long as you do something, you are making your body form a habit.

Way better than doing nothing for 6 days then killing yourself on a 30 mile ride or 10 mile run.

And on those 2 off days - just do 5 squats, or 10 arm circles, or run in place for 20 seconds. Build that habit of some type of exercise every day and soon your body will be craving it.

Congrats! You are going to be back to shrinking in no time.

Kimberley said...

Great weekend indeed! Nothing like School of Rock...I could watch it every day. I love me some Jack Black. This is my favourite part:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MWpe8zzSM0

You have sure been busy and active too! You rock BC!

Michael said...

9 of 11 that's AWESOME!! Way to go! Sounds like an overall great week! But definitely sounds like you've been busy with both life and workouts!

Alan (Pounds Off Playoff) said...

Glad you found a way to make a shortish bike ride work for you. Sometimes it's all the time we have, and it's great for it to be productive. That's the thing I really like about stairs, by the way.

Dr. Fat To Fit said...

Busy weekend! Sounds great.