Sunday, April 3, 2011

30 Days of Biking - Day 3

Just a quick update on Day 3...

I took out my vintage Schwinn Collegiate to borrow some tools from Crazy Jim.  He lives nearby so it was only about a mile, but very fun to ride this classic bike with it's gorgeous red paint and shiny chrome.  Given that I was just in our neighborhood, I went casual with flip-flops on my feet and no helmet.  It reminded me of my childhood days before helmets, spandex and bike shorts.  In the right environment, going casual is a great way to ride.

Later in the day, after doing a lot of yardwork, my daughter and I went for a 7-mile loop near our house.  Rest assured, we were in full safety gear this time and had a blast together.

Day 3:  8 miles.

Good night.

Big Clyde

2 comments:

Luke said...

Funny how I didn't wear a helmet until I rode as an adult, while I probably put in more miles doing stupider stuff as a kid.

Jayme said...

I love this idea of 30 Days of Biking. I wish I had the same motivation to ride more often. Good Luck for the next 27 days.