Friday, April 8, 2011

Biking on a Business Trip (Sucks)

Not much to write here, but I just wanted to post some minor mileage over the past few days, while I was on a corporate trip out of town.

On Day 6 of my 30 Days of Biking Challenge, I used the fitness room at the hotel.  Nice resort hotel, with great equipment, but I HATED the stationary bike.  I only was on it for 6 miles, which would have been a light and enjoyable ride on my bike path at home.  But on the machine, it felt tiring, pointless and a bit grueling.  Don't get me wrong, I am proud of myself that I got some exercise in, but surprised how much I disliked this kind of workout.

Day 7 was a bit of the same, only this time with some vodka in me a few hours prior to the workout.  Gee, I wonder if this is why  I felt sluggish on the stationary bike.  4 miles this time.

Day 8 (tonight) - Returned home from the trip at 6pm, went to dinner with the fam, then a quiet ride around the village for just 3 miles. 

Enjoy your weekend everyone.

Big Clyde

8 comments:

Patrick Mahoney said...

I suppose it's OK to drink and ride on a stationary bike, though promise me if someday you manage to topple over after a few shots you'll get up and quickly egress from the hotel gym.

Tri4Success said...

Felt sluggish after the vodka? Nah. Just looking at a stationary bike has been proven to make people sluggish!

Lesley @ racingitoff.com said...

Wow, good for you for sticking to the plan. I will say stationary equipment takes some getting used to. You eventually figure out ways to make it entertaining, but the road is always better.

tahoegirl said...

Good job getting on that stationary bike. Those things just plain stink. Keep up the good work!

Kimberley said...

Even though it sucked, you worked through it. Great work!!!

Enjoy the weekend!

Raegun said...

The important thing is that you got 'er done!

Alan (Pounds Off Playoff) said...

You crack me up. And I'm trying to figure out what the sequence was between the vodka and the bike. Either exercising really late or...

Dave said...

I travel all the time and feel the same way about treadmills. Running on one for 20 minutes feels like an hour outside!