Monday, April 11, 2011

Dark Shiny Diamonds On The Street

I was busy during the day Saturday, unable to ride until it was dark...and raining. 

Spending most of my life in Seattle, I am very used to the rain.   But I never rode my bike in the rain.  I think Billy Joel sang something about it being risky.

But I am committed to riding my bike for 30 days in a row, every day in April.  Even the rainy days (or nights).

What I like about riding in the rain at night is seeing the droplets of water flying up off my front wheel in front of my headlight.  They look like diamonds flying up toward me.  It happens when I am going slow, so I usually only notice it in the very beginning, but it is strangely beautiful and a nice distraction during the slow warm-up period of my ride.

On Sunday, the weather improved, but was still cold.  It was sunny and probably 63 degrees, but I thought it was warmer and wore a t-shirt and shorts...froze the entire way.  14 miles, starting with the La Canada hill.

10 days of Biking, so far so good.  20 days left.

Keep moving everyone!

Big Clyde

9 comments:

Bruce said...

Looking forward to coming down to your "cold" weather in the middle of the week. Today is our first day without some sort of snow in it for a while.

411 Gurl said...

Congrats on the 10 Days in... keep it up!!

Dave said...

Great work! First thing that came to mind when I saw the post's title was "uh oh... broken auto glass." Glad to hear I was wrong!

Jessica said...

Way to go! 10 days down!!! :)

Tricia said...

great job!

RockStarTri said...

Good visual. Now I just need one for the sweat droplets falling off the edge of my helmet.

Kimberley said...

I love it when the snow sparkles like diamonds...not that I am going to miss that for a few months.

Glad there was beauty during your ride.

Alan (Pounds Off Playoff) said...

I'm with Bruce - 63 sounds good to me. I'm umpiring for the 8 year old Little League. Bought a mask, but couldn't find a chest protector, so I'm just going to bundle up. Temps in the 40s, so it'll work for a while.

If all those raindrops in Seattle were diamonds...

Susietri said...

There is always those little things that I notice when I'm out running or riding - I always seem to forget them. Thanks for the image -I've seen that too.