Friday, April 1, 2011

March Rides...Out Like A Lamb

Early in March, I wrote this post about how I was starting to ride my bike more often (after a long, cold, lonely winter hibernation).   I paraphrased the old weather slogan "March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb".  Perhaps that phrase was the foreshadowing for my cycling efforts this month.

I started very strong, like a lion.  I ended March more like a lamb.  So be it.

I rode 104 miles in March.  I ran 27 miles and worked out a total of 15 days.  I was really consistent until about 10 days ago, when I tapered off and only worked out three times since then.  Maybe this was my "fourth week" or recovery week.  Nonetheless, on various different levels, I rocked this month with running, exercise frequency and developing some good habits. 

Work became pretty intensive recently and it has definitely had an impact on my exercise lately.  Things seem to be settling down now, so I am back at it.

I will have some big news tomorrow.  Thanks for following along!

Big Clyde

8 comments:

Sam's Minions (aka parents- Angie and Brian) said...

My workouts have ebbed and flowed this month too. I have to definitely get back into it better if I'm going to complete my marathon in May.

Bruce said...

I have been slowly increasing my mileage so it has been a good month for me. Keep up the great work!

Kimberley said...

Great work on the 104 miles.

Looking forward to the exciting news!

Quick Weight Loss said...

Good work, you are something..

Triathlon Benchwarmer said...

Nice work. Just found your blog and have enjoyed the reading....I too am a Clyde!

Michael said...

Excited to hear about your big news :) I think you still had a great month...keep it up!

Alan (Pounds Off Playoff) said...

Big news? Looking forward to it. Hey, 15 days in a month is something, for sure. And the pictures - you never cease to amaze, although couldn't you have found a picture with a lion, a lamb, and Andre the Giant?

Caratunk Girl said...

Looking forward to the big news. March ended with a roar of 12" of snow here. BOO!