Thursday, June 2, 2011

June Boom...and blogger questions

I finished May with great food choices, but allowed myself to be a bit lax over the holiday weekend (which also had birthdays for my wife and son).  Back on track now.

As for June, I will be doing Alan's June Boom Challenge!  Many of you have already read about it, but go to his blog to get the details.  Thanks, Alan, for the great idea.  People are excited. (cool graphic too).

My activity will most likely be biking, but I am also going to get back to running.  I enjoy it, but not as much as biking.  Should be interesting.

I actually didn't get in any activity yesterday, so I am already breaking one of the rules of the challenge which is to exercise 30 minutes a day for the month of June.  But isn't this where many of us start to give up?  We set an aggressive goal, stumble at one point (with a Starbucks donut or a missed workout) and begin to allow ourselves to give up on the rest of the goal since we have "already failed".  Please don't let that happen to you (and I won't either).  This journey is a marathon, not a sprint.   The June Boom is a CHALLENGE because it is likely more difficult than our normal routines.  That means it is okay to reach high and fall a bit short, as opposed to not reaching high at all.

So, I will make up that 30 minutes tonight.  I won't win the award for literally 30 days of exercise, but I am honoring the spirit of it and bottom line, getting exercise minutes in.

Now, on to blogger...I have been very frustrated lately as I know many of you have been.  Even this morning, I have been reading many blogs and trying to leave comments.  On some blogs, I can post a comment using my blogger address or even "anonymous", but with about 5-6 of your blogs, I can't even post a comment!  I am so sorry because I am following along and want to encourage.

Caratunk Girl got fed up and switched to Wordpress, which didn't affect how I follow her blog.  But she always had her own address that didn't have "blogspot" in it.  Does anyone else have any experience doing this?  I now have google g-mail accounts (for me and my family) and I don't want to disrupt the whole thing and lose it all if I switch, but I also want to be able to leave comments. 

Thoughts?

8 comments:

Kovas said...

The comment issue is an incompatibility with some browsers - if you change your comments (in settings) from embedded to pop-up or full page, the problem is solved.

Good luck with June Boom!

Patrick Mahoney said...

June Bizoom...Go get 'em....

Lesley @ racingitoff.com said...

Yep, I had trouble commenting on your new blog. :-(

oh_mg said...

I had the commenting issue, too. Delete your cookies, then when it asks you to sign in to Google, unclick "Stay signed in" - that should do the trick. It did for me!

Jo said...

I'm having the same problems as you, but I don't really want to mess with my settings just for blogging purposes. A bit frustrating...

Alan (Pounds Off Playoff) said...

Thanks for the kind words, Clyde. Your philosophy on this is great.

As for Blogger, I'm glad you're getting feedback and I hope it works. I like having everything integrated. My experience is not to overreact to a small problem with Blogger or Gmail. No tech solution is without some occasional problem and the fact the problems bother us so much just underscores how reliable we've come to expect it to be.

She said I need a goal said...

I am thinking about switching to wordpress, but we'll see.

Glad I found your blog.

lindsay said...

i've had issues commenting on some blogs... i assumed it was a blogger deal.

good luck with june boom.