Monday, June 27, 2011

Waving from the Bleachers

Okay, maybe that is a strange title for this post.  But I feel like I have (temporarily) moved from the playing field to the bench...and maybe to the bleachers.  While you are all out there focusing on your exercise, nutrition and general fun on the field, I realize that I am a bit stuck right now up in the bleachers.  I am okay, doing fine and anxious to get back on the field.

Thanks for your great comments on my last post.  Your continued support means a tremendous amount to me. 

Given that I won't be posting any news on a recent run or bike ride, let me at least give you a quick update to dispel any concerns. 

 I am not depressed, giving up or anything like that.  Instead, I am just focusing my time in the areas that I mentioned earlier (work, church stuff, friends' challenges, etc.).  You have no doubt also heard about the fires in Arizona and my close friend nearly lost his home and his business about 8 days ago.  All are safe now and a shift in the winds saved their property from the fire.  I did a bit of help on distributing goods to the people who lost their homes and possessions.   So tragic, yet wonderful how the community rallies around the victims.
 
For those of you who have asked, our church thing is slowly working itself out.   The short version is found in Matthew 18:20.  The church was never intended to be a building.  It is a community of those who want to be like Jesus.  Maybe this is where the healing begins.

Oh, and we found out last week that someone stole our credit card info and charged $300 at a Claim Jumper restaurant in CA.  Mrs. Clyde even was in the news report.  Thankfully, our bank caught the fraud issue and we are not out any money.   Thank you, Big Brother!

Big Clyde doesn't like credit card thieves.
So, I am busy and hope to get back into a routine soon before it all becomes a distant memory. 

One motivator for me is my new Garmin Forerunner 305 that I received from Father's Day.  It is a luxury and a toy, I suppose.  But I think it will be motivating for me to strive to maintain an even pace on runs, etc. 

I just received a headline news alert that it is now 112 degrees here in Tucson...the hottest since 1995.   Guh.

We are off for a quick vacation for some much needed R&R.  I hope to get some activity in then and back on track next week.

 Big Clyde

8 comments:

Kimberley said...

Thanks for the update BC.

Have a wonderful time away!!!

Jessica said...

Glad things are okay with you and you are hanging in....I hate this heat...it makes me want to be lethargic. Ready for cooler days when a nice run is something I want to do instead of dread.

Mary said...

clyde, you always portray your glass is half full... keep your chin up and Leave it to God. He takes care of you always. I've moved. please be sure to visit I miss your comments.
www.untilmycuprunnethover.blogspot.com formerly 411 gurl.
Mary

Alan (Pounds Off Playoff) said...

Clyde, I've got an idea for your humor blog: what on earth would a person need to spend $300 on at Claim Jumpers. The portions are so ginormous even I don't eat there. An order of country fried steak and a piece of chocolate cake could feed a family of four for a week!

John Romeo Alpha said...

I'm with Alan on this one: someone who would spend 300 bucks at CJ is probably on the verge of starring in a failed reality TV series.

Tri4Success said...

Enjoy the quick vacation, hope it leaves you fully recharged. Sweet Fathers Day gift by the way.

lindsay said...

Enjoy your R&R! Glad everyone is OK, things are replaceable! Also glad that your bank caught the odd transaction and isn't holding you accountable :)

Michele said...

Keep hanging in. yes, the fires are really bad in AZ. The heat, too.