Monday, July 25, 2011

Clyde, the Jury

If I had more time, I would write this in the style of a film-noir, private detective.  But I am busy so, here's a quick update...

Several weeks ago, I received a summons to report for jury duty today.  Faced with my civic duty and my desire to earn an income, I requested an exemption.  They were processing my request.

By this weekend, I was supposed to know if I was required to report for jury selection or working at my job all week.  Since I received no notice either way, I had to work most of the weekend to get my assignments done just in case. 

As of mid-morning, I am a free man and back at work.

Between my work schedule and my 10K training plan, I barely had time to fit in watching the first 7 Harry Potter movies in the last week.  This was the commitment that my wife and I made to our kids, so that we would be prepared to see the final movie sometime this week.

As for food, well...yeah.  I've been better.  See you at the weigh-in tomorrow.

Big Clyde

6 comments:

Fat Daddy said...

Man that is a whole lot of Harry Potter!!! Good luck with the weigh in, BC.

Tri4Success said...

I worked in all the Harry Potter over the course of a month. It was a bit more reasonable that way.

Kimberley said...

I am going to wait until the final movie is out in DVD and then I am going to watch them all too.

Good luck for weigh in!

Clive Chapman said...

Good luck with the weigh in!

Kovas said...

I try to stay in good physical shape, I don't smoke, I don't drink. - Mickey Spillane

Alan (Pounds Off Playoff) said...

I did jury duty not long ago and it was a really great experience. Was on a civil trial (not criminal, fortunately). While it was a week out of my life and work piled up in the office, it was cool to come together with 12 other people from other walks of life.