Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Clyde

Short post today, but I could use your advice please.

Some of you know that I started up a second blog awhile back.  It is called "Clyde Explains" and is located at http://www.notangryjustsaying.blogspot.com/.   The intent was to have a (hopefully) humorous blog that wouldn't be tied to running, cycling or weight loss.  I like writing, so I thought it would be fun but maybe not of interest to people who are strictly focused on exercise and nutrition.

But now I find myself wondering if it is more complicated for readers to follow two blogs.  If you are a follower of this blog (Clydesdale Project), which would you prefer?
  1. Keep the two blogs separate, so that they can each have their own focus.
  2. Combine the two blogs into this one, to make it easier for people who might want to follow both.
What do you think?

10 comments:

Kovas said...

I tried a couple of blogs and it was okay, but I think I'd prefer a single - it's all part of who you are anyway, right?

Tri4Success said...

I'm fine with it either way. It shows up in my dashboard the same regardless. If you do merge them then just make "Clyde Explains" a regular feature. BTW, I've been enjoying the other blog.

TRI714 said...

I had little success, so I went back to boring my running,triathlon friends with an overload (no doubt) of cycling with a sprinkle of everything else in between.

Jo said...

I prefer simplicity, and if I'm not in the mood to read about one or the other, I can skip it. Do whatever is YOUR preference.

Fat Daddy said...

That's a tough one. I have blogged for time to time about things other than weight loss and fitness.

And I must admit that unless I am talking about bodily functions or sex, my health crew doesn't seem to like it as much. I just don't have the time to put into getting another blog off the ground, so I have stayed with one.

Dr. Fat To Fit said...

It doesn't matter to me if it's one blog or two. I'll read whatever you write wherever you write it. I enjoy both blogs. I have to thank you for the Baskin-Robins Story. So far, I just see that sink every time I think of ice cream.

Clive Chapman said...

For me, I could only manage one blog, but I guess I'm just a simple bloke.

Anyway, it's up to you the writer ain't it? :-)

Christina said...

I prefer simplicity..I enjoy your blogs...
========
non voice projects

Alan (Pounds Off Playoff) said...

Doesn't really matter to me, as they both show up in my reader. I think the key is if you feel you can manage both.

Lesley @ racingitoff.com said...

Been reading them both... I think they'd be fine on the same blog... but it doesn't bother me that they are separate either.

BTW, I was eating ice cream while reading your last post - not good!