Monday, August 1, 2011

Is it hot in here, or is it just me?

Our 19-year-old air conditioner finally died on Tuesday.  We have applied duct tape, band-aids, and short-term remedies for the past few years, but it finally died.  

Given that we live in the Arizona desert, our house rose up to approx 87 degrees.  Yes, it cools down a bit between 11pm and 5am, but that only brings it down to about 82 degrees. 

It is time to buy a new unit, which will be costly.  It has taken me awhile to figure out how to get it done and we will have a new unit installed tomorrow.  Hopefully.

I've let this distract me from my exercise goals, until today.  Tonight I'll go out and begin a new program I am doing in August.  I am very excited about it and will write about it in a few days.

I hope everyone has a great week!

Big Clyde

8 comments:

Bruce said...

One of my daughters who lives down your way says she likes August because it cools down to the lower 100's! Hope you get things cooled down quick.

Fat Daddy said...

Man I went through that same experience last summer. What a bite in the butt!

I had a tough week, but I am motivated to move past it. I hope your week improves as well, Clyde.

Mer and Mo said...

My FAAAAVORITE Christmas show special - Heat Miser - awesome - but not so awesome that you are having to deal with the purchase of a new unit. Do try to stay cool - maybe a dip in a pool, if you can. Can't wait to read about your new plan.

Staying MOtivated MO

Tri4Success said...

Our AC went out last night so temp was about 80 indoors by sunrise. Luckily we have a family friend that is a HVAC guy. He had an emergency replacemnt part installed by 9am and the permanent fix in place by 4pm. Awesome, especially when you consider the number of people that have to wait a week for repairs. Busy times for HVAC guys!

Patrick Mahoney said...

Sending you a HB sea breeze until such a time you get the more effective cooling method fixed.

Kimberley said...

Stay cool and hydrated!

Looking forward to reading about your new project.

Alan (Pounds Off Playoff) said...

Oh, that's unfortunate! I actually had a similar experience about seven years ago on a trip to Oakland to visit friends. It was a record heat wave - 115 inland, I think - and even with a functional AC it was 85 inside. Just miserable. The relief will feel good, my friend. Hang in there.

Michele said...

Looking forward to reading about your new exercise plan. Glad the A/C will be recharged, too.