Monday, August 15, 2011

Okay, Here's the situation...

my parents left town for a week's vacation.  (some of you will get that...if not, watch this after you are done reading).

When I have been away from the blogs for awhile (a week), I feel like I should explain.  To all of you diligent folks out there, that explanation would be much better written in mileage or food choices, but I have not been strong on either.   But I am feeling back to my regular self again.  
Pretty nurse! (sorry that they got my big foot in the picture).
 First the quick explanation:
  • I somehow came down with a weird gum infection that became a problem.  Got pencillin, which made me a bit naseous.  It didn't work after a week's regimen.  So, the dentist doubled-down and gave me a strong antibiotic (I am larger than most and maybe needed medicine intended for clydesdale horses).  He advised that it might make me more naseous.   It did.  I simultaneously lost my appetite and felt bloated.  I am finally feeling better now.  My love/hate relationship with the field of dentistry continues.  Look for an upcoming post on my other blog Clyde Explains in the near future.
  • The kids are all back at Hogwart's their smarty-pants weirdo charter school.  All three kids are under one roof.   They are cheerful and happy to be studying physics, latin and other subjects that were not on the curriculum at Weatherwax High School in 1984.
  • Mrs. Clyde is back at work.
  • I am ready to get back to work on The Clydesdale Project and Feets of August
Feets of August has had a bumpy start to say the least, but it is not forgotten.  And yes, Mrs. Johnson, you had a brilliant idea that I can always make a strong showing in Feets of September.   Let's see how the next two weeks go.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone.

Big Clyde

P.S.  By the way, if you are a recently added follower, please drop a comment below with your blog address.  Sometimes my "follower" widget doesn't always show the newest people and we would love to get to know who is new.  Thanks.

P.P.S.  For those of you who have asked about my faith, church, etc., all is good now.  The family is happy in worship at a new place and we still have some home-based weekly stuff with great friends.  I am feeling restored.  Thanks for asking.

14 comments:

Kimberley said...

So glad you are feeling better BC!!!

Yay to your children being back at Hogwarts and Mrs. Clyde being back at
work!

midlife_swimmer said...

you might need to take probiotics to help digestion now that the antibiotics worked on killing all the bacteria...even the good bacteria.

Glad you are feeling better and getting started again amidst the changes.

Clive Chapman said...

Glad you're feeling better mate!

Alan (Pounds Off Playoff) said...

Glad you're back. There's still half of August left!

John Romeo Alpha said...

Clyde I'm with midlife_swimmer on this, some yogurt or kefir along with lots of water. Glad you're back!

Jessica said...

Eek! Glad you are okay!

Jo said...

Glad you're back and all is getting back to normal.

Bruce said...

Glad your back and sassy! Get back after it my friend!

Tricia said...

happy youre feeling better!

Dr. Fat To Fit said...

Good to hear from you. Sounds like things are getting back on track. Now to get your FEETS back on that track....ha ha!

World's Greatest Something said...

Ha! Those must have been some pretty strong meds to have you pulling out the Fresh Prince. Will the next post include 'Don't call it a comeback...'?

Michele said...

Hope that nasty infection was terminated once and for all. I will look forward to your "feets" in August, September or whenever.

Fat Daddy said...

I'm glad you're on the mend Clyde. You'll be back on your feets in no time.

Christine said...

Oh no! I'm sorry that you were sick, but I'm glad that you're doing much better now. I hope that you are on your way with the new challenge!
Christine
www.phoenixrevolution.net