Thursday, September 29, 2011

The 31 Day Challenge Begins Saturday

Jessica from See How She Runs and I are going to be doing a challenge for the month of October.  If you accept our challenge, (starting October 1st), you work hard toward your specific goal for the next 31 days. 

It is simply called the "Fall 31-Day Challenge".   

What can you do in the next 31 days?
  • Can you do some form of exercise EVERY DAY?
  • Can you ride your bike 150 miles?
  • Can you run or walk 30 miles?  50 miles?
  • Can you lose 15 pounds?
Let me answer that for you...of course you can.

Our challenge to you is this:

What WILL you do in the next 31 days ?!?!

Respond back here with a comment or at Jessica's site with your commitment.  Then, we'll request updates once a week.

For those of you who are pledging to exercise daily (like me), Jessica has created "buttons" that can be placed on your blogs that show 5 days of exercise, 10 days, 15 days, 25 days, and 31 days.  (They look awesome, Jess!). 

Join us.

Big Clyde

P.S.  If you want to join in and toss it up on your own sites, that is fine with me.  Jessica did the artwork, so please make sure that she gets the credit!  Thanks.

13 comments:

Michael said...

This is a GREAT idea. I hope you have great success in your 31 day challenge....I need to think about this. I have ALOT of things I could do/or stop doing for 31 days. What do I really want to do?

Patrick said...

I am all for helping each other. In the next 31 days I will walk 30 miles and weight train 12 times. And I will NOT watch any reality television, my wife can have it all.

Jessica said...

I am excited! I will be doing a mile a day for 31 days :)

Mer and Mo said...

I'm in - for me, 2 hours a day of exercise, 31 days...I am up for a challenge

Staying MOtivated MO

deanna said...

I am in! I think I did it right this time...

I am in for one hour a day for 31 days!

RockStarTri said...

I'm in for what I won't do: get hurt. I'll have stupid training numbers even though it'll be mostly taper.

debkhershberger said...

Im in!! Run one mile a day for 31 days!!!

Alan (Pounds Off Playoff) said...

1,000 minutes of activity - I'm in!

Kimberley said...

I will be gluten free for 31 days!

Michele said...

I'm in, too!

Dr. Fat To Fit said...

I'm in. I am going to be exercising every day. So far I'm doing well with it.

Caratunk Girl said...

CLYDE!! What's shaking? I need to do this. Pronto. You know how I said I was starting on Oct1? I MEANT Oct 5. Honest. That is totally what I meant.

I WILL exercise at least 1x/day (hiking counts)
I WILL eat clean
I WILL NOT eat doughnuts. Or ice cream. Or chocolate.

Chris @ Heavy Steps said...

Just saw this.. I am a slacker! I am for sure doing this and my goal is to run another 100 miles this month! I was barley able to do it last month and I want to rock it big time this month!

Love this!!