Monday, September 19, 2011

There She Goes - Song #5

I am filled with regret this morning, my friends. 

I sold my 1975 Schwinn Collegiate last weekend.  What a shame.  I'll miss that bike.  Perhaps you have seen her, if you were following my blog last year at this time.  Read about her here.

In July of last year, I stumbled upon an old cruiser-style bike and became pretty interested in getting an older Schwinn, just to cruise around the neighborhood.  After cruising Craigslist for a few months, I found this gorgeous Schwinn...all red, chrome and beautifully-maintained. 

Though fun to ride, she was not nearly as comfortable, efficient and versatile as my HUCC-B (my tough-as-nails commuter bike). 

So, I didn't ride it as much as I thought I would and wanted to clear some space in the garage.  I got a good price and the new owner seemed to appreciate her vintage style as much as I did. 

As she rolled out of my life, I had some seller's remorse.  My wife thought I was being ridiculous (not the first time).   A song came to mind, "racing through my brain"...



Since I'm in a silly mood about losing selling this beautiful work of art bike, I will be posting five songs over five days, that portray my feelings of loss.  Come back each day this week and feel my pain.

Big Clyde

6 comments:

Bruce said...

You made me tear up man. Breaking up is hard to do.

Jessica said...

Awwww...Hang in there buddy :)

RockStarTri said...

"My wife thought I was being ridiculous (not the first time)"

Does your wife know my wife?

Kimberley said...

Hugs Clyde...

Alan (Pounds Off Playoff) said...

I feel your pain...

writingtowellness said...

I had the twin Scwhinn in baby blue during college. Alas, I don't even remember when she was given to a younger sibling.