Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful Things

Thanks for the good words on my previous post.  If you were local, I'd buy you a pint.

In advance of Thanksgiving, here is a list of the things that I am thankful for today:
  • My wife, three kids and I are healthy and happy.
  • The kids are doing well at school.
  • In our community theatre company's upcoming performance of Aladdin, my youngest son will be the Sultan and my older son will be Genie (the role he was born to play).
  • My daughter is planning her school's winter formal dance and is a member of National Honor Society.
  • We are very happy at our new church. This is more meaningful than I can really explain here.
  • My mom is healthier now than she has been in 20 years.
  • My dad just came out of back surgery (which went well). He also dropped 98 pounds over the past 2 years and now weighs less than he did in high school. All due to nutrition choices. Amazing!  (Got to get me some of that!)
  • At work, we are starting to settle in to the new "normal", where only a few of us are still working here in Arizona. But the transition has kept me very busy lately. It's good to be busy in this economy.
  • I have an excessive amount of vacation time saved up, which I hope to utilize this holiday season.
  • We are heading into Thanksgiving and Christmas, which is my favorite time of year.
And now, I present you with a video from last week's SNL.  It kinda features Andre the Giant (my alter ego).


4 comments:

Michele said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Yes, we all have much to be grateful for.

Alan (Pounds Off Playoff) said...

Nice post, Clyde. Awesome about your dad!

Just watched the SNL clip. Wow, that's random.

It's refreshing for you to embrace this time of year. I find myself dreading it lately for all the eating I have to avoid...which really isn't the point.

Bruce said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Enjoy you bone-chilling 60° weather! :)

Christina @ Just Running said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Clyde! You certainly should thankful for and proud of such a wonderful surgery! If you ever are look for a blog topic, I'd love to hear more about your dad.