Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Two Shall Become One (finally)


I am combining my two blogs into this one, The Clydesdale Project.

From the beginning, my focus here was to see if a big guy could lose weight via cycling.  I then learned a bit about nutrition and started to lose weight.  Then, I started running.  I have really treated all of these things more like hobbies than permanent lifestyle changes.  That doesn't work for me.  My old habits continue to creep in unless I am very focused.  So, the Clydesdale Project and my effort must continue on.

But I also enjoyed the writing element of blogging.  Aside from cycling, food and mileage, it has been fun for me to share some stories and thoughts with you, some family and friends.  So, I started a second blog:  Clyde Explains.  There are some funny stories there, all true.  But a while back some of you suggested that it just might be easier to throw it all into one blog.  I'm finally getting around to doing that.

I certainly intend to keep the focus here on exercise, health, races, etc.   That is what most of you are focused on as well.  But I will also add in a few random stories and ideas that interest me and maybe some of you.

Below is a post that I originally had on the other site.  I need to re-post it here because the follow-up post is coming in a day or so and I figured that it might need some explanation.
http://notangryjustsaying.blogspot.com/2011/10/made-up-movie-introduction.html

I play a game with my kids that we call "Made-Up Movie". Actually, I stole it from Adam Carolla's radio show that he used to do.

The idea is that you basically create an idea for a movie that could potentially be pitched to Hollywood. I am not in the business and not interested in being a writer for a living, so the ideas go nowhere outside of our family...until now. From time to time, I will blog about one of our many made-up movie ideas.

Some of these ideas will include casting suggestions. Some will be prequels or sequels. They all are formulaic, meaning that I am not reinventing story structure here. They may seem to be cliche or similar to typical movie genres. That's the point.
But I bet you would want to see these movies, if they were at your local theater!

We see so many tired movie plots getting greenlit in Hollywood that we started thinking that we could come up with equal or better plotlines. It's just an updated version of the cavemen sitting around the fire.

Next movie: The Sweep


(P.S.  Does anyone know how I can transport the old blog posts into this blog without dumping them all into our current date?  I'd rather just somehow insert them into the historic dates as they were written.  ???)

4 comments:

World's Greatest Something said...

You might try this, although I'm not sure it accomplishes what you're looking for with respect to the original publishing date.
http://www.google.com/support/blogger/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=97416&topic=12512

Dr. Fat To Fit said...

Sounds great. I'll read whatever you write, wherever. I like it when people mix it up with stories or such. So I'll look forward to your posts.

Kimberley said...

Love it! Hope things are better!

Michael said...

Sounds like you are on the right track. I can't imagine trying to keep up with more than one blog. Sorry, I have no idea how to combine them. I can't help you there.