- egg white veggie breakfasts
- my running shoes
- my blog
- your blogs
- fruit and veggies (are they even still in season??)
- my bike
- the "Big Clyde"(*) sandwich at Subway (foot-long ham with tons of veggies, no cheese and vinagrette)
- 2011 race schedules
Here is what I have spent my time on recently:
- family evenings at home
- work with new bosses and some new strategies
- my La-Z-Boy DreamTime Reclina-Rocker
- ice cream
- a warm house, sheltered from the cold outdoors
Honestly, I don't predict a change in behavior tonight. Or tomorrow.
But I want to get back to that feeling of having lost 50 pounds like I did a year ago. I dropped the weight and I did it pretty quickly.
It came off quickly and pretty easily with food choices (in the first few months) and then increased exercise. It is math, like we all know. Burn more calories than you take in.
But what about the yo-yo pattern? How about those stats about how so many people lose weight, only to gain back even more? Sure, that's me (now). I am the cliche. Guilty. Now, ask me if I care.
I can't change history. I had a tough year and focused elsewhere. Whatever.
But I'm not done yet.
The future is unwritten...for all of us.
Here's my mantra for December:
"The best way
to predict the future
is to invent it." - Theodore Hook
There, I feel better already. Thanks for hanging in there with me, my friends.