Monday, December 19, 2011

DO NOT ENTER !!

Christmas at the Clyde House has taken a serious turn.

My 10-year-old boy has barricaded off part of our dining room where he is creating an art project for Mrs. Clyde.  We are all eating on our laps until he is done with his masterpiece.

My 13-year-old boy is playing the child's version of the "Hi, Bob" game by counting the number of times any version of "Captain Jack Sparrow" is said in all three Pirates of the Caribbean movies.  Someone please tell me that there will be a future career choice that can benefit from his cataloguing skills.

Finally, my 16-year-old daughter is extremely pleased with her Christmas gift purchase for me.  She has told me twice in the past two hours, how excited she is and that I am not to enter her room until Christmas morning.  She stated that a python is now guarding her door.  She even posted a sign with this picture on it:
Yes, the guy looks like me. 
She is a clever girl.  For all I know, she is experimenting with pot in there or writing the next Unabomber Manifesto.  Nonetheless, I am banned from her room.

It is a cheerful house when the elves are hard at work.  It reminds me that I better get to the mall pretty soon.

I hope all is well at your house!

Big Clyde

3 comments:

Mer and Mo said...

Too cute!! I had a good laugh the other night when my son called his Aunt and didn't leave the room while doing it, so I had to keep talking to my friend just so I would not hear what gift he wanted to get for me!! Kids are amazing. We want to see pics of the gifts once you get them!! Enjoy your week!!!

MO

Kyle Gershman said...

LOL...could it be that your 16yo's room is a mess and she is delaying inspection? JK...sounds like a wonderful cast of characters!

Bruce said...

I always remind my kinds I have a "No Knock" search warrant. Keeps them on their toes.

Have a great Christmas!