Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Shark Analogy Returns

Day 3 of eating very well.  Balanced diet, lots of water and a 1,800 calorie limit.  Doing fine.  Should have good results on Sunday's weigh-in.

But I am still pretty sore in my lower back due to a slightly compressed disc and weak core muscles.  I've been sore since my very short run about two weeks ago.  Maybe I should have walked it, instead of running the 2nd mile.  How many times do I need to learn this lesson?  At least once more, I guess. 

So, once again, I am like a shark...if I don't keep moving (at least walking regularly), I'll be in deep trouble.

http://clydesdaleproject.blogspot.com/2011/08/its-officiali-am-shark.html

How are all of you doing on this third day of the new year?

Big Clyde

6 comments:

Bruce said...

Finally got back to work after being off since before Christmas. 2 days of exercise and eating so so far so good. Hope your back heals up quick.

Mer and Mo said...

Doing pretty good. Eating not really on huge track, but I will get there. Working out is awesome - doing a 2nd day of Boot Camp tonight (oh, Lord, help me - LOL)

MO-tivated

Dr. Fat To Fit said...

Doing well. Didn't get to TKD class though today, too busy in the office. Dang that post-holiday rush.

responsibility199 said...

All is well so far. No shark issues here... hope your shark'ness abates and you can get back to full motion soon. So many miles to wheel away, so many pounds to press thru the roof.

Christina said...

You're off to a great start, Clyde! Not being able to exercise like you used to is tough. Keep rocking 1800!

Alan (Pounds Off Playoff) said...

I crashed big-time this afternoon. After a year of treading water and a Christmas season of indulgence, day 3 of calorie limits was really a shock to my system. But I made it to dinner and stayed on track. It's actually a good sign that I'm serious again.