Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Pardon My Nudity

Ask the children to leave the room.  Husbands, hide your wives.  I have enclosed a naked pic of me below to show the highlighted area of my lower back pain.

I am fine, but spent much of January with limited mobility and a lot of aches, due to my compressed lower disc in my back.  During the day, I can basically stand upright and walk somewhat normally.  But if I have been sitting much, or if it is morning or night, then I am limping and in a bit of pain.  Bending is nearly impossible.  Climbing in and out of my vehicle is slow and painful work. 

It is embarassing that I let this happen again.  Too much sitting (required by work) and not enough stretching and exercise is to blame.  I often find myself thinking that my running habit of late 2010 and early 2011 is no longer possible for me.   Yes, I can still bike, but I really did enjoy the running thing.

At 46 years of age and still overweight, am I now too old to gradually begin a walking/running habit?   One year can't make that big of a difference, can it?  (Hopefully not).

So, here is the pic.  The white and red highlighted areas?  Tattoos!  My body is my canvas.

6 comments:

Kyle Gershman said...

Dude...you are ripped! On my next post, I too will show a photograph that I found, ahem, shot of myself.

lindsay said...

Whoa. Which way to the weight room? I would look up a chiropractor. I prefer "straight" ones (just chiropractic, many these days get a little too carried away with their "doctor" title and try to do other stuff but a "straight chiropractor" wont). Hope everythig heals up!

45and304 said...

Dang!!! Sorry you are suffering and in pain. Acupuncture really works wonders for me.

Hopefully you are able to get some relief and get back to some activity!

Kimberley

Dr. Fat To Fit said...

Alright Mr. Clyde. This isn't the first time. I'm sorry your back hurts. It's no fun. BUT, you know how to fix it. MOVE. Stretch. And don't stop. It's never too late now get busy.

Alan (Pounds Off Playoff) said...

Sorry you're not feeling well, but I like what the Doc said. Wishing the best for you. Take what your body is giving you. And eat well. All the best-

Bruce said...

The office job is nice when the weather is bad, but it will be an early death of us all if we don't do something to counteract what it does to us sitting around so much!

Hope things heal up fast my friend!