Wednesday, March 7, 2012

"The Clydesdale Runs Again!"


See?  Clydesdales CAN run...(or at least trot)!
 I realize that running twice in one week shouldn't make headlines.  But it is an improvement for me, compared to my months of inactivity. 

I ran 2 miles on Sunday, did my stretch/strengthen on Monday (lifting weights and push-ups), then ran another two miles yesterday.

About running...Last night, I ran at a pace of 13:52 per mile.   Of the 28 minutes, I walked only 60 seconds.  The dailymile.com "calorie calculator" estimates that I burned over 700 calories, given my weight and average heart rate of 142 bpm.   That is definitely a workout, despite the seemingly slow pace.   If you are reading this AND you run, then you get it.   If you don't run, please don't judge the pace.  

My weigh-in is Saturday and I think it will give me some nice results.

Have a good week everyone!

Big Clyde

7 comments:

The Big Guy said...

Nice job man!

It's not about the pace at all when you're starting out... It's about just doing it! Speed comes in time!

Gotta love those 700 calorie burn days :D

Gratz!

spunkysuzi said...

Fantastic!! Way to go

Jessica said...

Great job!

Bruce Gudmundson said...

Big victory in my book! Keep going my friend!

Alan (Pounds Off Playoff) said...

Clyde, glad to see you back at it. Especially glad to read about the stretching. It seems like you are using a wise approach. Slow and steady!

lindsay said...

glad to see you ran again too! hope we are both able to continue without anymore hiccups.

45and304 said...

Go Clyde!!!