Sunday, March 25, 2012

Weekly Weigh-In

A bad week for me.  I gained back two pounds.   Total loss since March 3rd is 6 pounds.  

What happened?  Just a simple lapse back into some old eating habits and no exercise.   

Why?  I know that I was a bit disappointed in only a 1 pound loss the week before, especially after a good 3-mile run the night before my weigh-in last week.   Maybe my body was just catching up with a larger loss the week before.   But I know that I allowed a small disappointment to somehow take my eye of the ball.   Shame on me.  It was also Spring Break for my wife and kids, so we had more fun together and I let the exercise slide.

I am in a challenge with Neighbor Ted (soon to be a blogger?), who also happened to gain two pounds.   We are a sorry pair right now.

Finally, I made a chart to compare my results with my own weight loss in 2010.   It is pretty interesting so far. I am slightly behind BC10 (Big Clyde in 2010), but I know that I can get back on track this week.   Within two weeks, I should be ahead of...uh, him.   At minimum, I should be able to match my own pace.

I want to give a big congrats to Alan at Pounds Off Playoff who did The Big Climb today.   Unlike me, he seems to keep his eye on the ball and stay focused.   He has trained well for this and I hope he had a great day.

Big Clyde


5 comments:

Dr. Fat To Fit said...

It's so easy to slip and take that eye off the ball. I think it's really interesting that you're comparing you're progress now to the past. Stay on track this week. We can do this.

The Big Guy said...

The great thing about this is that it's not a video game... There is no game over... So plug another quarter in and have a go at a new game tomorrow :) You'll get there - keep the eye on the prize!

Alan (Pounds Off Playoff) said...

It's what you do TODAY that matters. You know what to do and I'm glad you're sticking with it. You can get right back on this.

Thanks for the shout out and all of the support! Do they do anything like the Big Climb in AZ? It's a great experience - I recommend it.

Tasha Gray said...

I agree with everyone here! You'll get there and setbacks are not permanent nor do they mean you failed. Glad to hear you have a plan to get back on track! Try not to beat yourself up.

Lion's bust said...

A good weight loss diet plan is all you need for a healthy life. Congrats' all for loosing weight, and remember, dieting should be enjoy and not forced!