I know that I have been missing-in-action and it is great to know that so many of you are still out there doing so well. I lurk from time to time and see bloggers that have consistently lost weight, signed up for races and enjoyed better lifestyles while on vacation.
I applaud you, but am not among you. I have not been eating well and have not been working out. I was distracted with work and family obligations and just wandered back into all of my old habits.
I have not even tried to work the dimmer switch. I have just been in the "off" position. (Read my last post to get that one).
However, I am ready to get back to work. Here's a short list of things that have inspired me lately:
- My college-buddy (spending more time together after a 25-year span) has been riding his bike a bit lately. He consistently does a very hilly 6 mile ride. I admire his diligence. He wants me to help him do longer distances. We've agreed to do El Tour de Tucson's 42-mile route this year together! November 17.
- In my recent prime, I could outrun my kids. Somehow, a friendly challenge came up recently from my 13-year old son and I realized that running at any speed or distance would be VERY challenging for me now. Got to fix that while that challenge is still in the air.
- My friend with polio is beginning to rely more on a wheelchair and less on her crutches. She must long to just go for a pleasant walk without pain...maybe even a run...or a bike ride. Shame on me for neglecting that gift of being able to move with ease.
- Most of my shirts are shrinking. My cool leather jacket and my other cool grey/black cool jacket are probably much smaller too. Got to fix that before autumn comes to the desert.
- I think RockStar Tri just signed up for IMAZ. I don't have that goal, but I have flirted with the idea of a half-marathon.
- The Tucson Half-Marathon is mostly downhill and is on December 9. This is just 5 days after my 47th birthday. The race starts at this cool place! That might be too aggressive of a goal, but this race seems ideal for the half-mary goal and it only happens once a year. Even if it is too aggressive, I still like to keep it on my radar.
- Finally, my health is still great. But at my age and weight, it is very likely that I will come down with diabetes, high blood pressure and heart disease. Ridiculous. All from my love of junk food and poor will-power. I am not a slave to my desires in other parts of my life. So, it is time to combat these poor habits once again.
Thanks for caring about me.