Saturday, September 1, 2012

Clydesdale Season!


It's Clydesdale Season.  I'm walking (with a few bits of trotting) and pulled the bike out of the garage.

It feels good to be back on the bike.  I have a great bike path near my house and many hills to keep me busy.   I just need to build back my legs and endurance after months of inactivity.

A slow bike ride does nothing for me...it is just fun.   Instead, I'll be pushing myself to go harder to get the heart-rate up and strengthen the legs.   It will still be fun because I remember how satisfying a 20-30 mile ride feels.  This year, it looks like I'll be doing El Tour with my friend Henry.  It will be his first time.   Even if he decides not to do it, I will do it solo and push myself for a record time (which shouldn't be too hard).

And if I achieve my other goals, I will weigh about 25 pounds less on race day than I do now.  

Life is good.  I hope all of you are doing well and have a great long weekend.

Big Clyde

5 comments:

RockStarTri said...

Life is good. Great to see you back with the focus.

Debsdailylife said...

Wanted........Dead or Alive!!
Go get em!!

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

We have a few of the same blog buddies and I was looking around the blog sites and ran across yours. I too have struggled with weight having been 50 pounds heavier than I am now and did the standard yoyo act over the course of 25 years. Luckily I found my new "drug" to keep it off.
If you don't mind I will follow your journey.

The Big Guy said...


Hola!

I'm back after a frustrating, exhausting, enjoyable few months since the flood back in May. I'm glad to see you're back on the wagon and posting again... I'll keep in touch!

Alan (Pounds Off Playoff) said...

That's great, Clyde. I'm a little envious that you are able to ride through the winter in AZ. Look forward to following your progress toward El.