Saturday, September 29, 2012

Late Weigh In

I get anxious every Tuesday, because Wednesday is Weigh-In Day for me.  Though I choose to weigh-in several days a week, Wednesday is the official day and affects my confidence for a few days.

Last Wednesday, I was pleased to see a 2 pound loss for the week.  That is 26 pounds down since August 9th.

Since I began eating better in August, this was my first period of going above my normal calorie target of 1,300.  I had certainly gone above (up to 2,200) on rare days, but in the last week, I had some pizza, chips, candy, nachos, ice cream, etc.   Never in a binge situation...just careless junk food eating mixed in with other low-calorie meals.

I also did not exercise this week.   I had been so pleased with some recent runs, but I know that I far surpassed that rule that you shouldn't increase your mileage more than 10% in a week.   I tend to think that those rules are overly cautious, but after 5 runs in 8 days, my right knee was constantly sore and I just backed off.   I should have jumped on the bike.

Anyway, I think I was lucky to have still dropped two.  I have not lost any weight since then, so today I did a short run/walk and will likely get on the bike this afternoon.  Also, I'm returning to healthy, hardcore eating today.  Low-fat, lots of broccoli and protein and back to drnking rivers of water.

What do you all have planned for this weekend?

1 comment:

Alan (Pounds Off Playoff) said...

Great job, Clyde. I've been having some nagging knee pain myself and trying to work through it with walking and biking. But it's no fun. I've got to get some of the weight off with the veggies as you are so it comes around.