Friday, September 7, 2012

The Jump Start

I've received a couple of e-mails from blogging friends who are in a plateau or dark space.   I get it...I just returned from several months of "don't care" and had to get back on plan.  Clearly, I am no expert given that I have been inconsistent.   But I will offer up the best ideas that seem to work for me.

Here is a link to the original post that I still use to help me climb out of the hole.  http://clydesdaleproject.blogspot.com/2010/07/in-slump-try-my-lowered-expectations.html

At one time, I called it my "Lowered Expectations Plan".  But if you are a glass is half-full person, I suppose it is a "Jump Start Plan".  Also, I know that some of the tough people out there just double-down on their exercise plan and go hardcore.  Pick whatever plan will get you back in the groove.

Finally, I was asked about my goal weight and calorie levels.   I'm 6'4" and weighed 217 when I was 22 years old and living in Japan.  I rode a bicycle everywhere and basically consumed only noodles, chicken, fish and beer.   I was broke and starving.  I think I will never see that number again.  Fine with me.

I was 235 on my wedding day in 1990.  I may never see that number again.

I'll be very pleased with 250.  That is my current goal weight.

I intend to stay at approx 1200-1300 calories per day for another few weeks.  As I increase my walking/jogging and cycling, I will allow myself to go up to 1,500.   I know that these will be weekly averages.  On occasion, I may slip or indulge and get around 2,000 cals in a day.   That means I will be firm at 1200 for the next two days.     I also choose NOT to off-set my exercise-burned calories into this equation.   I only count what I eat.   Any exercise, is just going to be a bonus.  My goal is a 3 pound loss per week.

Enjoy your weekend, everyone!

Big Clyde

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Cheering you on! That's a decent loss per week & do-able on those calories (although I wonder if that will be enough for soebody so tall...) Either way, all the support in the world goes to you!

Sarah
www.thinfluenced.com

Michelle Ulysse said...

My goal is to lose 2-3 pounds a week as well. I'm hoping by the end of December to drop 20 pounds with strong determination and a constant workout routine. Living in the hot desert (AZ) doesn't help much, though. Running outside is out of the question for me. ;)

Lynn said...

Just found your blog. I look forward to following your progress!

Alan (Pounds Off Playoff) said...

I'm not in a dark place, but am on a plateau. I like how you're agressive in trying to bust out of it. Keep it going.