Saturday, September 15, 2012

The Sudden 5K

So, in solidarity with The Jogging Clydesdale, I agreed to do a 5K this weekend, eventhough we live far apart from each other.   Though I used to be somewhat comfortable with this distance, I haven't run 3.1 miles since early April and was not planning on doing this distance until I had built up to it a bit.

But several "tough love" mentors like Patrick Mahoney, RockStar Tri, Super Kate, SusieTri, Caratunk Girl and Kovas have passed on some wisdom that it is better to be aggressive when it comes to these personal challenges.  I tend to be more cautious, which has no doubt limited me in my past when it comes to athletics.

Nonetheless, I went for it and was able to run the entire time and was very pleased with my time.

And at the end, I enjoyed a great local brown ale from Nimbus Brewery.  Smooth and frothy!

What's on your weekend schedule?

Big Clyde

6 comments:

Clydesdale Jogger said...

That is one delicious looking brew my friend. Many congrats again on the great race. We both did very well!

Lynn said...

I like that idea of being aggressive with personal challenges. Good for you on the race! Tomorrow I am doing my first 10K...terrified but if I have to walk, I have to walk. I am still doing it...and doing it for me!

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh! That's fantastic!!! Great job!

Sarah
www.thinfluenced.com

Saints and Spinners said...

I like these solidarity 5ks (and those after 5k brews are bonuses, too).

Good luck on your first 10k, Lynn!

Enz said...

Great job!

Alan (Pounds Off Playoff) said...

Great job, Clyde. Good advice to pass along. We do need to stretch ourselves.