Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Weekly Weigh-In and the Sudden 5K

At the end of Week 5, I am down another 3 pounds!  This was a more challenging week because I had a business trip that could have derailed me with good food, low exercise, etc.  That is a total of 21 pounds down in the last five weeks.

A blogging friend is going to be doing a 5K this weekend, though he is not excited about it.   He is concerned about finishing slower than previous races, finishing at the end of the pack, etc.  I understand completely.   

It has been months and months since I last ran 3.1 miles.  I am out a few nights a week now, but doing shorter distances and only running half the time.   Lame.

But I received an e-mail from a local running store that is having a "Run for Beer" event this Friday.  You show up at 6pm, run their 5K route and get a ticket for a nearby microbrewery.   
Since I haven't had a beer or a 3-mile run in quite awhile, and my friend is going to be slugging it out in his race across the country, I figured I should join in!  

I may not post my time, but this clydesdale will be trotting his way to a frosty beverage this Friday.  Even if I finish in last place.

Big Clyde

5 comments:

Lynn said...

There is so much more joy in simply finishing than anything else. Have fun!

Sarah said...

I'm proud of you! You CAN do it! However, I'm envious of that beer... This girl LOVES a cold microbrew!

Sarah
www.thinfluenced.com

Dr. Fat To Fit said...

Congrats on the loss. Hey...who cares on the time? Running 3.1 miles in ANY amount of time is better than being too worried not to go ahead and DO IT. Be bold. Good for you. Keep it up.

Debsdailylife said...

Last place in the stats is not the end of the world!! Been there, done that!! Worked harder!! Got faster!!
Give it your best and be proud of what you accomplished!! Cant wait to hear all about it!! (The race and the brew!!)

Alan (Pounds Off Playoff) said...

That's great, Clyde. Three more pounds. How do you do it?