Monday, March 11, 2013

Here Comes the Sun!

It's been a long winter.  Granted, I live in the desert and have a warmer climate than most, but we all get used to our areas...and it has been pretty cold here with snowmen being built in my backyard about two weeks ago!  The colder weather makes it easier to stay inside and stay sedentary.

My reasonable approach has produced reasonable results.   I am exercising very little, but eating better than I used to.  The result is not helping me on the scale and likely not helping my fitness either.   Certainly, the scale shouldn't be the only scoreboard, but it is shameful how little I've exercised.  I need to be more intentional about changing my lifelong behavior of eating what I want and exercising as little as possible.

So, I'll be returning to the blog for some accountability and inspiration.  Back to you soon, after my next exercise session.

Big Clyde

3 comments:

Debsdailylife said...

Good to hear your voice again!!

GRB said...

Hi Clyde. Found your blog when I was trying to answer some of the same questions you have. "I need to be more intentional about changing my lifelong behavior of eating what I want and exercising as little as possible." Why do you think it is we hate to make our bodies move? Is it the wasted motion of doing something that doesn't take us anywhere or provide an instant result (like chopping wood)? I feel your pain. Perhaps we could pledge to do just 10 minutes a day, five days a week. If we do more, it doesn't carry over. Also, how are you making your food choices? Are you educating yourself? Do you have a dietician or are you part of a group (i.e. Weight Watchers)?

The Big Guy said...

Hey buddy... I'm back to. Must be something in the spring air.

Time to shake off those Winter lbs eh? lol