Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Weekly Weigh-In

This will be a short post but I wanted to note that I lost 1 pound this week.  My friend Tig, went insane and joined some local "Boot Camp" and starting eating baked fish and fresh veggies and lost 5.8 pounds last week.   We are on one of those "let's-challenge-each-other-but-really-encourage-each-other", but I swear I hope that he goes to the Pizza Hut buffet a few times this week.

I can't compete with baked fish and boot camp.

But I am motivated nonetheless to continue in my very reasonable plan of better eating, more moving and steady progress.

Because I have been breaking bad on my food choices a bit lately, I am doing another 3-day juice fast, beginning this morning.  I like them for a few reasons:
1.  I think it psychologically gets me back on track.
2.  I would guess it chemically breaks off any recent sugar-addiction build-up, or at least weakens the sugar-cravings.
3.  It is useful for all of us to have some hurdles that we have to jump over.   Small personal challenges make life a bit more interesting and can give our confidence a boost, especially in areas of our lives that have been challenging for us in the past.

I'll post again throughout the juice fast on the recipes, some do's-and-don'ts and the results.

Have a good week everyone!

Big Clyde

6 comments:

Alan said...

Curious how the juice fast goes. I'm amazed how quickly my body will learn to not crave stuff when I eliminate it. Sugar, excess salt, and Diet Coke are three recent examples.

Debsdailylife said...

Im SO far behind in reading! So Im spending some time this morning playing catch up. Hows it going for you? Dont let the fish and boot camp scare you into old habits because you feel you cant compete!! (Youre Pizza Hut comment made me laugh!!)

Debsdailylife said...

On July 23rd you said I could scold you harshly if I thot maybe you were falling away. Well, ok, you didnt tell me, you told the blog world, but since Im part of blog world.... ANYWAY!!! How are you? Are you ok? Are you hurt? Did something happen? Ok so that wasnt harsh, I dont have the guts to be harsh. But seriously, everything ok????

Debsdailylife said...

Just checking back in again!! Its been two months since we heard from you. You doing ok?!?!??

Alan said...

Hi Clyde. I was away for a while and am back. Hope you are well. Happy holidays and hope to hear from you.

Debsdailylife said...

PST!! Just checking in to say hi, and HOWS IT GOING??? Good? Bad? Ugly?