Monday, March 23, 2015

Weekly Weigh-In - Week 1, 2015

Well for the first time in almost two years, I made a very solid effort to eat carefully and track my nutrition and progress.   Add to that a very steady effort at getting in at least 10,000 walking steps or five miles per day, and it adds up to an impressive week for me.

9 pounds gone for me in one week!  

Just for my own records, I want to note a few things here.

  1. I did not have some farewell meal the day before that would satisfy my cravings AND bulk me up for my starting weight.   I think I am beyond playing those games now (though I did that in the past when starting diets).  
  2. I did not skip meals, cheat or starve.  But I did average around 1,500 calories per day, ate tons of veggies and virtually no sugar or dairy (other than half&half for my coffee).
  3. I know that I will likely not lose this amount of weight again, because the first week tends to be one of the biggest...not sure why.
  4. Clothes already feel much looser!   What a great feeling in one week.
Thanks again to Sean from Daily Diary of a Winning Loser, who gave me great advice and encouragement this week.   His journey is one tht we all can learn from.   Please visit if you need some inspiration!

Big Clyde 



1 comment: