He was being rhetorical, since this is something that we all are challenged with in our fitness goals, but it was a solid question.
I present to you my plan for The March Experiment 2012:
- Weigh-in weekly and chart my progress (done on Saturday mornings.)
- Begin the Hal Higdon 8-week 8k training plan for novice runners. Click here for the link. Week 1 begins tomorrow (3/4/12).
- Set weekly modest weight loss goals. Goal for next Saturday's weigh-in is 4lbs, given that it is week 1. It will be less in future weeks, I'm sure.
- Run virtual 5k on 3/31.
- Run virtual 8k on 4/28...OR ride in Tour of the Tucson Mountains 27-mile bike race. The 8k might be more challenging, but either would be good for me. It would likely be 1 hour on foot or two hours on the bike. Same-same, I think.
- I will also be re-reading my own blog from the periods when I was regularly running 3, 4, or 5 miles at a time. If I did it before, I can do it again.