Those are the words that Neighbor Ted wrote to me when I challenged him to a weight loss duel. Actually, he stated that he intends to lose about 12% of his current weight by 6/22. It just seemed like it would be fun to join in and see if I could match his weight loss...or beat him! You could do it too.
We are discussing the idea a little further, but here is what we have so far:
- We will measure weight loss by percentage only, since we are starting at different places. This seemed the most fair way.
- Since he is focused on an end date of 6/22 and we began talking about it in late February, we are going to put the starting date as 3/1/12. Official end date will likely be 6/16/12.
- We are weighing in on Saturdays, using the honor system.
- I am counting calories and I think he is juicing.
- Both of us are going to be running and cycling...mostly running.
Between March 1st and May 31st of 2010, I lost 36 pounds by counting calories and light exercise.
It will be fun to do it again (though I would have been smarter to just keep it off since 2010).
Join us! Let me know if you are interested. Competition can be a strong motivator.
There may be a big group of us competing.
Or it could be just me and Neighbor Ted.
But I know that my biggest opponent will be...Big Clyde from 2010.
Does anyone have a suggestion for a name for this challenge?